Monday 17 January 2011

MORE BREASTFEEDING....

It's lovely to get feedback from my blog: I love reading your comments 'Dear Readers', whether they're posted here or sent to me separately via text or email.  Keep them coming!

The baby has turned from a somewhat intermittent feeder (apart from the two and a half hours early one morning) to a guzzle guts, and I am optimistic that when he gets weighed again this coming Thursday he will have gained yet more weight.  It would be fantastic if he was back to his birth weight, but that's perhaps a bit too much to hope: I'm certainly hoping he's 7lb something though rather than 6lb something.  His stomach looks fatter anyway, although his little legs are still very slim.

I had lost over a stone in weight with no effort: the last few days I seem to have put a few pounds back on.  This could be due to excessive chocolate consumption or is perhaps milk weight?  What is quite amazing for me is that I am still producing the stuff after an hour or so of feeding: with no. 1 Son trying to express might result in one drop.  Having said that I'm still not a high-yielding dairy cow but I think I'm doing OK.

The promised press coverage has not yet materialised and I've heard today it will be 1st March.  I'm rather tempted to bin 'Woman' magazine (if that's possible when I have a contract with them) and take my chances elsewhere.  I keep remembering that what I wanted was a healthy baby: though I'm also aware that I currently have no money to pay for my piano lid repair and that the car insurance comes up next month.

However I shall have to stop: apparently young guzzle guts is going mad for more milk.  This is the trouble with having an angel baby who slept all morning while we were out: he has been feeding more or less solidly since we got home early this afternoon.  So apologies for the brief post and I shall endeavour to write again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment