Thursday 23 June 2011

THE MAGIC '9'!

I got on the scales the other day and almost jumped off them again in delight when my weight no longer started with a '10' but with a '9'.  OK, it was 9st13 which is only just under 10 (and I haven't dared get on again since in case I see a 10 again) but it was going in the right direction.

I have also started going to the gym and this Friday should be going (3rd time lucky) to 'quick spin' followed by Pilates.  I haven't run or cycled for a while, nor even been out much - the weather's been disgusting - but I'm feeling good.

We are also becoming Media Family.  I went in to Radio Cumbria to record my demo CD the other day.  I'm not actually sure it was that good - I think I was reading it too much rather than speaking it - but we'll see.  I've also arranged to record a couple of other demo CDs, one to send to voiceover agencies and one to give to people who might want me to sing.  I was speaking to MJ who accompanies me sometimes yesterday and he thought I should be able to get some solos with Brampton Chamber Choir.  I thought they already had good soloists, but apparently another one would be OK especially as our voices are all different.  I'm still not convinced I'm quite so good at 'presenting' and performing as when I was pregnant: I rather suspect that I have lost an emotional edge.  Having said that I still find tears well into my eyes easily at things on the TV so perhaps I'm not that unemotional.

Older Son has also joined the media circus though.  He was interviewed for 'Kids Call' on Classic FM the other day, to his delight, and spoke beautifully calmly and clearly.  Several people (including biased grandparents) have said how confident he sounded.  I was just aware of how much they cut!  A CD arrived for him today and I'm just hoping they haven't sent the one we've already got and which he unconsciously advertised for them when he was on the Radio.  Of course Daughter now wants her go, so I've promised that we will email Classic FM close to her birthday.

My CV has been put forward for a surveying job in Carlisle.  My first reaction was that I didn't want to leave the Baby, but it's only a 9-month contract and they'll let me do 4 days per week, if it is me who gets the job.  It would be nice not to have to wonder where some money is going to come from, and I should still have time to continue with the writing, singing, etc. etc.  Tomorrow (or perhaps Monday) is going to be the day I write a submission for a book publishers..... meanwhile today I was thinking of applying to be a BBC Trustee (£32k pa for 8 days work per month) but there's an awful lot of writing needed and I can't helping thinking they'll want someone with rather more senior experience than me.  But then, if you don't try.... so perhaps that will be this evening's task.  Meanwhile the Baby is about to wake up and want his lunch and then it will be time to go to fetch the other two and take them to their swimming lessons....

No comments:

Post a Comment