Thursday 4 August 2011

THE YEN FOR FAME AND FORTUNE

I've had a productive couple of days.  Yesterday the Baby slept for 3 and a half hours and I finally got around to doing some writing I'd been meaning to do for ages, as well as starting to do some research for another article idea I've had.  Today the In-Laws have been in this morning with the older two children, so Mother-in-Law was dealing with the Baby while I did cooking and housewifely stuff.  I have made more new purees for the Baby, hung up a load of washing, started tracking down a replacement part for the car, and made fairy cakes with Daughter.

They have now gone out to the aircraft museum and the Baby has fallen asleep again, giving me time to decorate the cakes (Daughter will be disappointed not to be involved: I forgot that the icing needed to be wet to stick the flowers on.  Eating cake should be some compensation however), finish his mixed vegetable and cheese sauce puree (which tastes delicious: it's even made me think briefly about becoming vegetarian.  He has such tasty purees.  I guess pureed food would become tedious after a while however: for him it's still exciting as it wasn't that long ago that his diet consisted solely of milk) and done the washing up.

While washing up I was thinking about the interview I have next week, for a surveying job.  Perhaps my yen for freelance fame and fortune via writing and broadcasting will come to nothing: perhaps it was never meant to be, however much fate seems at times to be pushing me in that direction (Fate was maybe just teasing me).  But I then remembered that saying 'if anyone has breathed easier because I have lived, I have succeeded'.  I've misquoted dreadfully but it's a quotation which always struck a chord with me.  Similarly, if my only claim to fame and success is bearing and bringing up three gorgeous children - and if they become decent, happy adults - then I will also have succeeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment