Monday 25 October 2010

FEELING SORRY FOR MYSELF!

I was hoping all weekend that I was not going to go down with the cold that my son seemed to have: and I kept telling myself that even if I had a bit of a cold it wasn't making any difference to how I felt.  But I felt tired, especially yesterday, and also had a bit of a sore throat.... I was falling asleep over my book at 9.30p.m. last night.

I woke up this morning feeling worse and feeling very sorry for myself.  I feel sicker than normal, which I assume is just because I'm bunged up.  Whilst eating was the last thing I felt like doing it did seem to help.  I don't feel like doing anything very much, my stomach is aching again (coughing feels as if it's squashing the baby) and my voice is croaky: just as I was thinking I really should do some singing practice because I hadn't for a few days.

I'm generally feeling very sorry for myself and worried about the baby (who is squirming a little as I write but who hasn't been particularly active today).  These stinging pains I get in my upper stomach are probably just the baby pushing against me somewhere painful, or ligaments, or something, but I fear the worst: especially as I'm feeling a bit grotty anyway.  I'm half tempted to phone the midwives in the morning but I'm not sure.

Part of me thinks I should pull myself together and go for a good long walk in the fresh air: another part of me just wants to curl up in bed and go to sleep.  I don't think I can even be bothered to have a bath at the moment: our bath looks lovely but isn't in fact the most comfortable in the world (and also Husband has left dirty footprints in it from his post-run bath).  Having said that I do still have some of the Lush stuff which Husband bought me for my birthday...

Maybe tomorrow.  Maybe just now I'll put my pyjamas on and go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment