Sunday 5 September 2010

COMPUTER FRUSTRATION

My parents have taken the children to Talkin Tarn this morning with strict instructions to get them physically tired and hungry (no cake nor ice cream).  Meanwhile I have put roast chicken in the oven - or rather, put a chicken in the oven to roast - and made apple and summer fruit crumble.  I wish Husband was here to enjoy it too and hope he won't be back too late this evening.

I have had a peaceful few hours which I'm expecting to be shattered any moment when two lively children burst through the front door and my Mother starts asking me questions.  I have had a chance to look up job vacancies on the internet, but of course frustratingly as my computer has broken I can't email anybody my CV: it's only the monitor that's bust but uselessly I can't see anything.  I can't upload our photos from the visit to Trotters World of Animals yesterday, nor print them off for Son's Visits Book, which he wants to take to school tomorrow - and there's no point loading them on Husband's computer as it's not linked to my printer (or at least I don't think it is... I should check as Brother-in-Law tried to network them last weekend).

Husband's computer also does not have word, excel etc. on it - so I can't start to write the other articles for which I have ideas.  It's all very frustrating but hopefully someone will be able to lend me a monitor soon and I shall be able to buy a laptop (which then frees up my study, ultimately, for use as the Little Guy's bedroom: not that he'll need it until next spring/summer).

At least I still have computer and internet access as Husband has one as well.  It seemed a bit of a luxury having two computers initially - I didn't have one at home at all until I moved in with Husband - but now I'm glad.  Amazing how dependent we have become on these things, though I'm sure if we had to live without them we could quite easily.

The sun is shining again, which must mean we've had sunshine for over a week now: so I can't complain and could go outside to plant my narcissi bulbs.  When I get access once more to my photos and so forth I shall have to make sure I take a photo of my chocolate plant, which now has flowers which really do smell of chocolate.

On the radio again this evening I think: I must try to record it this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment