Saturday 19 February 2011

A MIXED FEW DAYS

Baby and I had a fab week going out and about and seeing lots of people.  He loved it: he loves faces and being talked to, and whilst I felt a bit bad about lumping him in and out of his car seat, I think generally he had a good time.  Certainly I was rewarded with more gorgeous smiles and his father said he was chuckling at one point as well.  We're now in Scotland with family for half-term which means there are 5 older children running around being mental, in a tired, over-excited, emotional but generally happy way, and plenty of adoring adults to hold the Baby and talk to him.

I tried going to a meeting on Wednesday evening but I think Husband found dealing with all three children in the evening quite a juggling act, and I didn't particularly enjoy being out and away from them, especially - let's be honest here - away from the Baby.  In addition none of the ironing got done (which was fair enough) and the pile of washing ready to be ironed is getting bigger... and bigger... and bigger.

The photographer from Woman came after school on Thursday.  Nice chap but the magazine is obviously trying to make out that I'm stressed, and whilst life's not exactly an easy ride I don't feel stressed.  I told the magazine writer than I was more stressed when Daughter was a baby and Older Son was only a toddler: but I somehow don't think that was of the slightest interest to them.

The Baby got weighed which was good news as he's back 'on his line' in terms of the centile he was born at and where he is now.  I feel reassured that there has been some logic to all his guzzling, making up for his big dip in weight early on.

My Father phoned this week wanting to speak about the money he will leave when he dies.  He wants to pay for school fees for the children: we don't want to send the children to private school, being perfectly content with the state schools locally as they are at the moment.  We wouldn't say 'never' to private school but we'd want to make that decision ourselves at the appropriate time and would not wish to be beholden to anyone else in terms of the money.  I feel quite hurt that my Father is basically disinheriting me in favour of my children whereas my sister, who has no children, will get to spend her inheritance how she wishes: but I'm not going to be bought.

I can hear tears and smell a delicious roast dinner: I should also find out what the Baby is up to and see if anyone wants me to take responsibility for him again.  I'm hoping that at some point I'll be able to get a family photo as my in-laws have all their children and all their grandchildren here.  What we don't have, though, is the promised snow: the motorway signs all warned of heavy snowfall this morning and all we've had is horrible cold rain and wind.  Perhaps next year when the Baby is one, and possibly able to play in it a bit....

No comments:

Post a Comment