Monday 14 February 2011

VALENTINES SMILES

Today is Valentine's Day.  Husband told me that the 4-for-the-price-of-2 Gin and Tonics that he bought me last week (the first I'd had since getting pregnant) were my Valentine from him: I told him he'd had his on New Year's Eve.

I have been further rewarded today though.  Baby and I attended a Baby Massage class this morning.  He loved seeing other babies, and was twisting round to see the little 12-week old girl next to him.  It reminded me of his older brother at the same age, who was twisting so much at his 6-week check up that the Dr. thought he was trying to roll on to his front - he duly did so quite early at 12 weeks.  Anyhow Baby was far too interested in what was going on and in the other babies to be in the alert but calm state required for successful massage.  Instead he gave me a big cheeky grin, filled his nappy, and then yelled for milk.  This kept him content until the end of the class but then walking home he decided he was hungry again.  By the time we got in the house he was red in the face and Very Angry.

I have had a further smile from him this afternoon but again it sounded as if he was then filling his nappy... and now as I type this he is smiling to himself in his sleep.  I have a feeling he's going to be rather a pickle, like the other two.  The picture desk from Woman magazine phoned today: it sounds as if they are going to want pictures of the other two being mischievous.  They don't need much encouragement!

Time for the school run: where does the afternoon go?!

No comments:

Post a Comment