Thursday 8 April 2010

8TH APRIL

Hey, I have one follower!!!  Fame at last!  Thank you Nicola!

Well, it's good to know someone is taking some notice (unless this all gets too boring with lack of progress).

The nearest I have got to any job seeking today is to pick up the 'Hadrian's Wall Country Holiday and Short Breaks Guide 2010'.  At least this means that once I've done my Tefal course I'll have a list of accommodation providers to contact in the hope that some of them will either have people coming over who wish to learn English, or may be interested in helping me promote learning English.  I guess I really should sign up for a course.... I also have an invitation from a guy in the Lake District who runs a language school to go to look around his premises and have a chat with him - which is kind.  Apparently the college in Newcastle has new premises: but they haven't replied to my email, which is something else on the 'to do' list.

Meanwhile friends are on Facebook waiting to chat but I need to make beds, hang the washing up, make some fairy cakes (well, that's maybe not really a 'need') and I was also thinking of planting some seeds in the garden.  Mind you they're marigold seeds and I'm not a great marigold fan - I think the kids picked them up in some shop or other (along with carrots, broad beans and goodness knows what else).

The other thing I need to do is find out where in Carlisle I sign on - Monday's task is to sign on prior to going down to Warrington (dump of a place - sorry anyone who loves it - I've always thought it was a dump and now it's home to NWDA I feel even worse about it) for an RICS meeting.

Think I'll take the kids to the beach tomorrow afternoon - we've been in Cumbria over 2 years and haven't yet been to the Solway coast, and there's a Discovery Centre at Silloth which looks good.

1 comment:

  1. Re Signing On - It's right next door to where I work. So time it right and we could Do Lunch Dahling.

    ReplyDelete