Wednesday 7 April 2010

THE FIRST DAY!

Well, it's not really the first day - officially I was made voluntarily redundant on 1st April.  But while the children are still on holiday it doesn't really feel as though I'm not working yet.  Apart from this niggling worry about income: when will I start earning some more money?

It sounds silly to be worried at the moment when I have a small redundancy payment about to come through, and when I chose this situation myself.  I'm just not convinced that my Husband really realises that his salary will not go far: or at least, I don't think so.  Money seems just to disappear.... for example the car is about to cost more money as its brake discs will need doing.

But I should be optimistic.  Both kids are now pestering me - Daughter is meant to be tidying up her room and Son is meant to be getting dressed.  So I'd better stop writing.  I had planned to take April off but I would really like to get on with sending out my CV.  I had this vague idea that being unemployed for a while would give me a chance to get fit and to do lots of things, such as decorating - I've had a sinking feeling over the last few days that I'm just going to end up doing lots of childcare and housework instead and running out of time: particularly as Daughter won't be at nursery/pre-school that much.

They've now just tipped a load of my stuff on the floor.  I hate them being in my study!  More tidying up to do......

1 comment:

  1. Little did I realise but as I wrote this I was probably already a couple of days pregnant!

    ReplyDelete