Sunday 3 April 2011

BABY POO!

I have just done an internet search about baby weight and baby poo, both of which are causing me some concern at the moment.  I found a forum where baby poo was discussed in some detail - it was quite a relief to see that other mothers were just as perturbed by their babies' poo as I am.

Anyhow I'm taking the Baby to the Doctors tomorrow (so long as I can get an appointment) as he's been far more unsettled, hugely hungry and - yes, you've guessed it - his poos are completely different to how they have been and I have no idea now whether he's constipated, has diarrhoea, should be on Comfort milk or Standard milk.... and so forth.  It just goes to show how delicate babies' stomachs are at 3 months: I can't believe that people used to wean at this age!  In fact I can't believe that when Older Son was weaned the standard age was 4 months - I can't see the Baby being ready for solids in a month's time (though the amount he eats, maybe he will).

My other concern is his weight and I can find nothing helpful on the internet.  He's meant to have about 30 oz per day and whilst I can accept that a bit over or under that is going to be normal, he's taking about 10 oz more which is ridiculous.  He is also developing incredibly fat legs.  I worried about Older Son getting fat when he was a baby but the Baby I think is bigger still.  Perhaps they'll weigh him at the Doctors tomorrow as well.  I have no idea what you do to stop a baby eating so much, except perhaps making the formula weaker.

My moods are swinging between the more optimistic and the still gloomy: but at least I am getting optimistic moods again at times now.  Earlier today I felt positive about life for no obvious reason, and it was a relief to feel like that again.  There are times of the day when I wish I didn't have to deal with the children though: generally around tea-time/in the evening.  As I'm out late lunchtime tomorrow (being interviewed for the Sunday Telegraph) I've arranged for the two older children to be fetched from school with friends, and at least one of them is also being given tea, so tomorrow should be a little less stressful than normal.  The Easter holidays start in at the end of this week... I wonder how having all 3 of them for days on end is going to work out?!

I should mention taking Older Son up to the Tarn to try out his new bike yesterday.  He wasn't keen on the idea - he'd been complaining that it was too big and went too fast.  By the time he'd done nearly two laps of the Tarn, including one through a woody bit, he was in love with his new bike and even cleaned it carefully when we got home.  I ran alongside him and had to push myself to keep up!  It helped that it was lovely weather as well.

Husband has said he is going to watch television and do the ironing so I shall go to join him.  I've just remembered I need to hang up the washing first though!  And the baby is crying for some reason... probably one of those not-normal-pooey nappies again....... joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment