Wednesday 20 April 2011

SLEEPING THROUGH!

The Baby slept through until 6.15a.m. last night!

Only a few days ago he had a stinking cold and was waking me up with his grunting.  Ex-work friend L. - who henceforth is going to be referred to as Godmother L. - and I went for a walk up Heughscar Hill on Monday, with the Baby in his buggy.  We were rewarded with a fantastic, albeit slightly misty, view over to Ullswater from the top but the Baby objected wildly to trying to drink milk with the wind blowing relatively vigorously and a bunged up nose.  I don't think GodML had seen him so upset and cross and red in the face before.  Not long after however he was back to his normal cheery self and the last couple of days, now that the snotty nose is far less snotty, he has been very smiley.  I thought some fresh air would do him good!

He loves being outside.  We were in Forfar at the weekend, dropping off Older Son and Daughter at my sister-in-laws for Scotland Nanny and Grandad to pick up for a few days holiday (and being spoilt) in Aberdeen.  Sister-in-Law lives next to a field with some trees round it, and the Baby loved watching them blowing in the breeze.  I'm not sure what sort of tree they were but they were quite 'light' and bendy and made a gentle swooshing noise as the wind blew through them.

He's also been outside in our garden in his buggy or on a blanket recently while I dig.  I'm making progress in terms of converting an old border into lawn: I've dug over about half of it and moved some plants I wanted to keep to other places in the garden, the pond hole is full of stuff which is going to make a fantastic bonfire/barbeque at the weekend, and by the time I've levelled it and raked it I reckon we'll need very little compost to finish it off.

The only problem is that the other two are always attracted to freshly dug soil......

Daughter had an intensive swimming course last week - five lessons in five days - and by the end could, basically, swim.  Well, she was wearing one armband, which as the teacher said, was giving her no help (other than psychological) at all.  I guess the psychological help is pretty key though!  She also won the Grand National (well, BallaBriggs did, which was a close enough match for Husband's boss to put a bet on).

GodML has a new job which she starts soon, which is great - and near her home, too (or will be).  I shall miss meeting up and going for walks though.  It's always easier to explore when there's someone to explore with.  Meanwhile I need votes on what to do with my hair.  Do I dye it again or go grey gracefully?  Long or short?  I'm tempted by the cheapest option of a cut and blow dry but also, despite being proud to be able to conceive and bear a child at nearly 50, have to admit to rather a lot of vanity and did think whilst watching the television this morning that almost all the female presenters have their hair dyed.....

1 comment:

  1. how about a short and spikey look? I've just gone blonde and my mother hates it so it may well stay this way for a long time xx

    ReplyDelete