Saturday 30 April 2011

WIND

The lovely weather continues although it's been increasingly windy, such that our lawns are now covered in pale pink cherry blossom which looks like a rather pretty confetti, and when we went out earlier today in the car we found Paving Brow closed as a tree had fallen right across it!  In addition quite a large proportion of our big bonfire-to-be (branches from shrubs my Father-in-Law chopped down, in the former pond hole) blew into the side of the ferret run.  I put it back together and tried to get it lighted, but unfortunately it's too green at the moment.

I haven't done any more gardening since last weekend and it's as if having almost finished the lawn project (I am just waiting for the afore-mentioned bonfire to take place so that I can then spread a layer of compost over the entire area and then sow the lawn seed) I've rather lost enthusiasm.  In fact generally I'm not feeling particularly enthusiastic about anything: I start singing lessons again this week and had a French lesson last week but I seem to be in a wanting to sit, read and sleep type mood.  Maybe it's been prompted by my reading the final of the Harry Potter books.  I don't know why, but I have found them all compulsive reading and have been staying up far later than I should with my nose stuck in the last one.  Hence I'm tired....

The baby, bless him, didn't wake until 5.45 this morning: so that's twice now he could be said to have gone through the night.  The only problem is that he usually nearly wakes at one point at least in the night, tossing and turning and making a lot of noise, and whilst he then settles down and goes back to sleep I'm on tenterhooks: sleepily wanting to snuggle back down under the duvet and go back to sleep but my hearing super-alert in case he decides he really is going to wake up and want milk.  He doesn't really like waking in the night anyway: I change his nappy and he keeps his eyes tight shut, just making minor noises of objection and eating his fist to demonstrate that he'd like his milk.

It was the Royal Wedding yesterday: the street party in Brampton, when Older Son and I walked through later to see if there was anyone open to cut his overgrown hair, seemed to be full of chavs and pikeys.  However I was then out in the evening at Off the Wall for a talk about the Reivers, which was interesting (the food was good too).  I was with two other Mums and we ended up talking long after the speaker had left: it was a good evening.

I watched the Wedding on TV apart from a large section in the middle when the Baby needed a clean nappy.  I thought the dress was lovely but I kept thinking, for some reason, of Henry VIII and all his wives.  Also where was the Princess Royal?  Husband was working and kept poking his head around the door every-so-often to say what a load of rubbish, etc.: but I do rather wish my wedding had been a bit more sumptious and I will admit now to having a wish as a little girl that I could marry a Prince (and Daughter is now expressing the same wish!).

I don't suppose life is simple for people with that sort of wealth, but you can't help thinking that they can buy themselves out of a lot of problems: and that it really is a completely different world.  I guess at the moment it made me particularly conscious of how much less money I have than I had before I had children: but then, which would I rather have?  (hmmm - sometimes, the money!!!  Both older children ended up in their separate bedrooms yesterday, they were so awful - bickering, Daughter being rude and disobedient....).  So job-hunting will start in earnest soon.... and so will getting fit and losing weight and singing practice and making sure I get more French done and trying to get the freelance side of things going more....  But in the meantime let's just enjoy the weather and the fact that in the middle of a more-or-less worldwide recession, we all had the excuse for a bit of a party!

No comments:

Post a Comment