Saturday 8 May 2010

ANOTHER POSITIVE DAY

Life is good.  Choir sang at Nether Denton church this evening: what a beautiful spot, and what a lovely church (built on the site of an old Roman Fort if I understood the plan on display correctly).  The views were stunning: rolling lush green hills in every direction and Carlisle and the Solway Plain just vaguely visible in the distance.  There's something comforting about having hills around: they make you feel protected and safe,  but being able to see into the distance also provides a feeling of one's spirit floating free.

I guess it did help that it was a beautiful sunny evening and that the sunset when we left was creating glorious shades of red hovering on the horizon.

I got more compliments about my singing, which was lovely: though of course, as I said to some of them, it never sounds as good in performance as when practicing in my sitting room at home.  I do get nervous and sometimes it means the support for and focus of the voice goes.  I really liked the acoustics tonight: although it was a dry acoustic, I felt that everything - mistakes as well as positive attributes - was clearer than yesterday.  In the choir master's redition of Butterworth's Six Songs of a Shropshire Lad every word was crystal clear; and heart-rending.

When I got home I spoke to Special Friend M on the telephone who told me that her parents, who attended yesterday's concert, had praised my singing.  It was just what I needed to hear in terms of a confidence boost.  Special Friend M also told me that in tomorrow's Dr's run I count as a SuperVet.  Doesn't that sound so much better than just a plain old 'vet': I'm not just a vet, I'm SUPER!

While I run Husband is taking Son and Daughter to their swimming lessons.  He went on a Delicious Desserts course today and came back with the most fabulous puds.  He's an extremely good cook, and particularly spurred on to make anything sweet.  I have bought him various baking cookery books and everything he makes always turns out well.  Just as well I don't generally have too sweet a tooth or I would get incredibly fat, despite the running.  But reverting to running I guess I'd better get to bed or else I'll feel too tired to run.  Can I make it three successes this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment