Wednesday 26 May 2010

WILDLIFE

Not that many weeks ago I was looking out of Son's bedroom window as I was saying good night to him, and saw 8 or 9 frogs jump out of our pond, bounce across the garden and disappear behind the garden shed.  They have not been seen since: nor is there any sign of any more frogs despite there having been a fair few tadpoles in the pond when I started clearing it of the excessive amount of algae it contained.

This morning imagine the children's delight as, just as they were having breakfast, a baby rabbit appears on our front lawn!  I wonder whether it will come back again at some point, and where on earth it had come from.

We also saw some sort of thrush, I think it was, and outside my study window I've just seen a tiny little blue tit with something in its mouth, presumably for nest-building.

There also appear to have been lots of big fat bumble bees around this year, which is excellent news.  I still intend to create a bee-garden, but not from necessity so much as just because I'd like to.

Singing with Pianist D. later so must get on with sorting out the music.  So much for my thinking living in the country would be boring: it's anything but!

No comments:

Post a Comment