Thursday 20 May 2010

PEOPLE: AND WRITING

How selfish can I be?  There I am wondering whether or not I want this baby when I did nothing to stop it and there are people out there who would give nearly anything to be in my situation, whatever their age.

As predicted, my singing lesson cheered me up.  My Singing Teacher is such a lovely, cheerful person and always makes me feel good about my singing.  We also chat.

The mother of the girl who has the lesson before me also had an unexpected third child, and said both she and her husband were up and down about it emotionally right up until the birth: though they wouldn't change a thing now and the baby - who comes along and waits while his big sister has her lesson - is the most adorable smiley little thing.  The mother also agreed that she is far more relaxed having a big gap between children as the older ones can help: she too had a small gap between her first two, which is really hard work when they're tiny.

My singing teacher wants me to do more 'singing for fun'/relaxing singing, as well as the 'classical' stuff I love, and so she was supportive when I mentioned that Pianist D is keen to accompany me and that we're even thinking of trying to get 'gigs' in local wine-bars etc.  I sent the repetoire list off to Pianist D today, from whom I got an enthusiastic response: now I just need to get hold of copies of all the music!

Baritone W and Pianist M came round this afternoon to practice the duet we're doing at Son's school tomorrow, and we ran through the lesson plan.  I'm rather looking forward to it.  We're going to try to get the children to join in a bit as well: they can join in the warm-up, sing bits back once they've heard us sing, and then if there's time we're planning on getting to do a round.  So it should be a bit of a music lesson for them rather than just sitting and listening to us adults.

I guess this is a type of Educational Outreach work to schools, so when I saw that Carlisle Leisure are thinking of employing some Educational Outreach workers to take their classical concert series to schools, and only on a part-time and temporary basis, I immediately thought I'd really enjoy that as a job.   So I had a chat with the Finance Director and have emailed the relevant manager to ask him to let me know when the posts get advertised.

I've also had an idea for another article, which will need a bit of research of historic facts, which will be interesting: and......... FINALLY I've drafted one section of the book which Running Friend C and I are writing.  I just need to type it up now: possibly after singing at the school tomorrow.

Lovely evening driving back from a Board meeting in Carlisle this evening, after a rather grey day: but what is worth mentioning was the misty grey cloud over Brampton Fell, which looked quite out of place.

Made the most fantastic turkey lasagne out of the leftover roast turkey from the weekend: really tasty, though the children wouldn't touch it.  Must go to make up their lunch boxes for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment